Tuesday 10 February 2015

Dont vote for me ,Vote for your interest - Jimi Agbaje

Jimi Agbaje the PDP governoship candidate of lagos state urged electorates to vote for their different interest in the forth coming elections. He said this in one of his frequent Facebook post recently. full text below;
As I move around Lagos talking about our message of CHANGE, I'm constantly approached by people - a lot of them
young and optimistic about the future of Lagos - asking why they should vote for me and not my opponent. And my
response typically amazes them, to say the least.
In fact, I gave one of such responses recently to a young lady that I met during a campaign stop in Badagry. I said, "Don't
vote for me, vote your interest. Vote for what YOU care about."
Now some of you reading this might be wondering but the truth is that, in this election, we all care about different things
in varying degrees. Some of you care about education while some of you might be more concerned about the safety of
lives and properties. Some of you might be piqued by the idea of addressing the issue of unfair taxation while some of you
might be passionate about having a healthcare system in Lagos that's affordable and works. In fact, one of the reasons I decided to run was because of the idea that we can do better as a state in terms of inclusiveness and ensuring that not just a few elites but greater good of ordinary people also benefit from the impact of our growing economy.
Again, I say, whatever your interest is, vote your interest.
If you think that I represent your values and that of your family and my message of change resonates with you, then maybe
we share something in common.
If you agree with the notion of a government that doubles-up on education above all and one that provides real schooling opportunities so that even the poorest amongst us never have to choose between eating one square meal or sending their children to school, then I might be your guy.
If you believe in new ideas, for example, reploughing 5% of Lagos' excess revenue in such a way as to encourage startup
businesses led specifically by our young men and women,then you should consider me as viable choice.
You see great leadership is not necessarily about how long but how well one has served. My opponent claims to have
27-years of experience serving in a state that is bordered by water yet he's admittedly at a loss when it comes to
understanding the innate potential of Lagos' next economic frontier - it's Ocean Economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment