Wednesday 20 August 2014

SACRIFICAL GIVING: THE REAL RIGHTEOUSNESS


Let get a witness : 2 Corinthians 9:6-12
The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also
reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will
also reap bountifully. Each one must give as he has
decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under
compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God
is able to make all grace abound to you, so that
having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you
may abound in every good work. As it is written,
“He has distributed freely, he has given to the poor;
his righteousness endures forever.”
He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food
will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and
increase the harvest of your righteousness. You will
be enriched in every way to be generous in every
way, which through us will produce thanksgiving to
God. For the ministry of this service is not only
supplying the needs of the saints but is also
overflowing in many thanksgivings to God.
The kind of love God wants from us is the kind of love
that's Gives without grudge or on compulsion. This is the
only Love God needs from us and that is what is regards
as RIGHTEOUSNESS. Love begats giving and giving begats
righteousness and that's why it was written that Gods so
loved the world that he GAVE his only begotten son, here
God did not just give,he gave with Good intension and
with love for mankind which is called SACRIFICIAL GIVEN.
Without this kind of given you have absolutely done
nothing .The SACRIFICIAL KIND OF GIVEN does not expect
reciprocal reward,its not boastfully,its not open,it is done
in secret. That's why in Matthew 6:3-4 which read thus,
"But when you give to the needy, do not let your left
hand know what your right hand is doing, so that
your giving may be in secret. And your Father who
sees in secret will reward you".
The only righteousness that is required from us is the
righteousness of GIVING because in GIVING lies all the
fruits of the spirit.
Matthew 25:34-46
Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come,
you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the
kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the
world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was
thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and
you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I
was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you
came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him,
saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed
you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we
see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and
clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in
prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them,
‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of
these my brothers, you did it to me.’
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from
me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the
devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave
me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I
was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked
and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you
did not visit me.’ Then they also will answer, saying,
‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a
stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not
minister to you?’ Then he will answer them, saying,
‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the
least of these, you did not do it to me.’ And these will
go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous
into eternal life.”
This is our only source of eternal life,and as earlier said
givers never lack,when you imbibe in this kind of given,all
what you stand in need of both spiritual and physically will be all yours and then shall the GIVER be called RIGHTEOUS.

              MONG NNANNA I

No comments:

Post a Comment